[Dixielandjazz] OKOM on the Sacramento River

pcrums pcrums at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 15:25:49 PST 2006

Two days ago, when discussion was going on about boats on the Sacramento
River, I sent the following message which apparently got lost in the
ethernet or the Tule fog.  Here 'tis.
Originally meant to be posted on 6 Mar 06:

Good to hear all the talk about the IOWA going somewhere , specially because
I was born and raised to be a Hawkeye from Cob Country, originally.

More importantly, yes, Virginia, there is OKOM on the Sacramento River now
and then.  For a number of years the Natural Gas JB has been hired to be the
entertainment aboard the Jeremiah O'Brien WWII Liberty ship when she sails
to either Stockton or Sacramento, leaving San Francisco in the morning and
then getting bussed back to our cars that night.  A large number of the WWII
buffs are also OKOM fans so it really works out well for all of us. Details
on our next Liberty Ship cruise from San Francisco to Sacramento can be seen
on the band's website within the next day or two:   www.ngjb.com

Is this a great list, or what??

Phil Crumley
Natural Gas Jazz Band