[Dixielandjazz] OKOM's new popularity among kids

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 7 07:51:16 PST 2006

Here is an example of what is going on around the East Coast of the USA from
Washington DC to NYC. A note from Alex who DJ's some great music for
dancing. The dancers are 17 to 35 years old and they love this music.

While I hate to talk about gigs :-) VBG, Alex has been responsible for
hiring us a few times, as well as promoting danceable OKOM by DJing.
We've got three swing dance gigs coming up; April 15 at the University of
Pennsylvania, May 5 at The University of Delaware, and June 2 at the
University of Pennsylvania this time for a three day national gathering of
lindy Hoppers.

Passing this information along for what it's worth, we see great potential
among the young here for dancing to OKOM. I assume that others do, knowing
for sure that friends in Arizona, Ohio, Southern California and Western
Pennsylvania are aware of it and playing Dixieland for swing dancers.

Why not contact YOUR local swing dance club(s) for gigs?

Cheers,
Steve