[Dixielandjazz] Re: Turk at Carnegie

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Mar 3 18:19:55 PST 2006

Dear Gary,
A little late in responding, sorry.
A jazz friend of mine here in Sydney, Colin McLachlan, has the Turk Murphy
tape we have been discussing on the DJML, so I asked him for the details.
He has noe located it and confirms:
"I've found it - it is a VHS of the party given by Jim Cullum at the Grand
Hyatt in NY the night before the Carnegie Hall concert - 9 Jan 1987 -
produced by Present Past Productions of Santa Monica.
Features Turk with band and responding to speech , Jim Cullum Band , Hot
Antic Band and Vince Giordano's Nighthawks  - plus several spoken tributes."
Kind regards,
Bill.