[Dixielandjazz] Re: Turk at Carnegie

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Sat Mar 4 00:05:23 PST 2006

Bill Haesler wrote:

>Jim Cullum at the Grand Hyatt in NY the night before the Carnegie Hall 1987 -
> concert - 9 Jan produced by Present Past Productions of Santa Monica.
>Features Turk with band and responding to speech , Jim Cullum Band , Hot
>Antic Band and Vince Giordano's Nighthawks  - plus several spoken tributes."

Haa, I knew there was another group involved.  And, I even had a short
interview with Vince for KCRW.  I completely forgot.  And, I'm only 44;
how do Gunter and Ringwald remember things?

Yes, Present Past Productions is/was Richard Miller
(bixmiller at yahoo.com) and Bill Knowles (now at the University of
Montana, I think).  They had a project of making videos of bands, but
they never received the backing to get everything off the ground.  For
further info on PPP or for a mighty fin Bix style cornet, contact Richard.

All the best, Gary