[Dixielandjazz] Turk at Carnegie

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Thu Mar 2 10:13:01 PST 2006

I think Bob is right.  He refreshed my memory.  I know for fact that
Richard Miller filmed the concert the night before the Carnegie concert
(where I met Jabbo Smith -- but, I didn't kiss him on the forehead), but
he did not record the Carnegie concert.  CH wouldn't let it happen.
Dick directed the pre-concert concert and I think Bill Knolls (sp)
produced it.  You can check with Dick at Richard Miller
<bixmiller at yahoo.com>.  He may have some tapes left.

Stan Brager wrote:

>Gary;
>
>Did you see DJML list monitor Bob Ringwald at the concert? He was also
>sitting on that same stage.

Of course I did and we even shook hands, but not before I was sure that
nobody could see us.  This was LONG before DJML.  At that point in our
lives we were jazz radio producers on different NPR stations -- KRUD and
KRAP.

All the best, Gary