[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Advocate

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 29 07:06:26 PDT 2006

Noted on Ron Gable's website. Ron is an activist promoter of all genres of
jazz in the Dayton Ohio area. Don't tell him jazz is dead.

http://www.jazzadvocate.com

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Editor Comments:

Wednesday (6/21) - Stubbs Park Band Shell; Miami Valley Jazz Camp annual
midweek concert.  Thursday (6/22) - Jazz Central Lounge; Scott Belck’s
going-away party jam.  Friday (6/23) - Centerville High School’s auditorium;
the Miami Valley Jazz Summer Camp Student Concert.  Saturday (6/24) -
Veteran’s Park Amphitheater (Springfield); the Preservation Hall Jazz Band.
Sunday (6/25) - Dave Hall Plaza; Women in Jazz Fest.  Sunday (6/25 almost
twelve hours of jazz) - Jazz Central; Women in Jazz After Party.  I took
close to 180 pictures in a five day period and some idiots maintain jazz is
a dying art form; my biggest problem is I can't be more than one place at a
time.  Jazz is definitely on the rise and some day the commercial media will
figure it out and I'll no longer have a lock on all the fun.

http://www.jazzadvocate.com