[Dixielandjazz] Re: Now here is a gig for a Hot Clarinet player

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Jun 12 22:18:10 PDT 2006

Holy Cow Bill:

I had the same impression with that song and to hear you say you liked
what they did with it warms my ears, :))  I would have thought you of
all me mates would have simply hated these guys.    Sorry I second
guessed you r one eyedness, :))   If we old timers do not at least give
a listen to the kids and try to understand what they are trying to say
how can we ever possibly expect to keep them excited about playing
OKOM.    So let us all take a deep breath and give acts like these kids
and the Dixie Chicks and Bruce Springsteen and Harry Connick Jr. all
the space they need to find themselves within the music and see what
they develop into.  we might be pleasantly surprised. :))    I saw the
same thing happen when youngsters like RICKY SCAGGS ABOMINATED
TRADITIONAL BLUEGRASS MUSIC.  :))

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins