[Dixielandjazz] The Wife/Spouse/Partner

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Wed Jun 7 15:36:46 PDT 2006

This discussion thread has been further enlightening to me as to  perhaps why
there continue to be more males than females in OKUM  bands.  Have you
noticed that the male/female performer ratio differs  considerably in these areas of
Dixie and Swing music making compared  to symphonies for example?  Or to
today's big  media-mongering groups?

I see a difference in my thought processes compared to what many of you  guys
have shared.  I love it when my husband can and wants to go along on a  gig.
He is a non-musician who does enjoy the music.  But whether he  will attend
or not is never part of my thinking in accepting or rejecting a  gig.  And I
don't assume any labor or assistance on his part although again  all offers to
do so are great!  But goodness gracious, I wonder how Mighty  Aphrodite
manages? VBG
Ginny