[Dixielandjazz] Re: Chicago Red Garter Band (was Did Red Nichols play a mouthpiece solo?)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jun 2 21:34:25 PDT 2006

Dear John,
Herewith yesterday's post from Martin McKay
  macjazz at se.rr.com

Kind regards,
Bill.

 Greetings from a (sort of) newbie. Actually, I was fairly active on this
board about 8 or 9 years ago but wandered away.

Listening (reading) to all the stuff re: Jubilee makes me real happy that
I'm in Florida and can/did go to Suncoast--All good dixieland and
entertainment. Lots of great music.

I'm wandering through with a query.  I picked up a 45 on the "Atlas" label
of the "CHICAGO RED GARTER BAND." 1974 (or 8, it's blurred.)  I assume it is
a house group from there in Chicago, but wondered if anyone knew of them or
could give me any idea of the personnel.

Thank you

Martin McKay