[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Jubilee

rahberry at comcast.net rahberry at comcast.net
Thu Jun 1 23:30:57 PDT 2006

I want to add to my brother Joe Hopkins' post that I attended a number of sets where there were no empty seats and one had to get a pass to go to the bathroom, if one expected to get back into the room.
I thought the crowds were good-sized, overall.  The shuttle buses were always packed.
I saw many bands that I thoroughly enjoyed, although I was struck by how many local bands (some wonderful) were in attendance.  I understand the economics of putting on a festival.  I'm eager to hear how this festival fared.
-Rae Ann

From: acjspres at aol.com