[Dixielandjazz] Axes :) as carry-on luggage

Dave Hanson jazzdude39 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 29 15:53:19 PDT 2006

To be eligible for instrument coverage under the "Union" you must be a member, but YOU set the amount of the ax and appraisal isn't needed.
It covers you at home, on the gig and in the car, bus or van. It is very cost effective.

Homeowners insurance generally will cover an instrument that isn't used by a pro, but students are OK.

I've been down "on my luck" but the last thing I would do is hock the horn, but drummers just might part with a some of their kit. I did hock a horn once, but got it back as soon as I was able. That was 50 years ago !

Some of the symphony players have instruments that easily cost $100,000.00 or more. Since they are  probably Union members they pay considerably less than a traditional policy.

Dave Hanson
Trombone
Atlanta

inal Message -----