[Dixielandjazz] Back to Aunt Hagar's Blues question

jobriant at sunrisetelecom.com jobriant at sunrisetelecom.com
Tue Jul 25 08:15:28 PDT 2006

I started this group of threads by asking if anyone could tell us why
the same tune is known in some places as "Aunt Hagar's Blues" and in
other places as "Aunt Hagar's Children's Blues."  I also asked if anyone
knew of a connection between these two identical (or virtually
identical) tunes and "Hooking Cow Blues," which contains some of the
same music.

We got a lot of discussion of hooking cows, and lyrics, and political
correctness.  I found it all extremely interesting, and I learned a lot.

But I didn't learn the one thing I wanted to ask, and that's the answer
to my original question.  Can anyone answer it?

Jim O'Briant
Tuba
Gilroy, CA