[Dixielandjazz] Back to Aunt Hagar's Blues question

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Tue Jul 25 16:50:56 PDT 2006

W.C. Handy's compilation "Blues: an anthology" includes
"Aunt Hagar's Children" and "Aunt Hagar's Children blues". The first is a
piano solo; the second is conventional sheet music with lyrics.

I suspect folks just drop "children" for convenience or simply forget that
it's part of the original title.

It also has "Hooking cow blues". I don't see any passages similar to any
in "Aunt Hagar..."

--Sheik
http://americanmusiccaravan.com