[Dixielandjazz] PC correct lyrics

EDWIN COLTRIN boreda at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 24 12:52:58 PDT 2006

Whinin Boy or Winding Ball, are we gong to let PC direct the lyrics as written or used ?

  I recall that have been many tunes written and perfromed with a large quantity of euphenisms, Do we try to clean up the lyrics and ignore those suggestive words and use some PC word ?

  Rap has gone so far away from PC that many words from lyrics (?) are in common usage with the younger generation.

  Steve makes apoint by explaining to his audience the origination of the title of the tune and as does others on this list. It like trying to create a Japanese Haiku into english and keep the parameters for the original.

  Do we explain to the audience that "Jazz Me Blues or Jazzin Babies, etc  is really "JASS"  and they can draw their own conclusions.

  Another wee dram will do for now.

  Slainte

  Ye Olde Mouldy Fygge

  Ed Coltrin