[Dixielandjazz] Ragtime with horns

Dick Miller Dick_Miller at pmug.org
Fri Jul 21 18:52:23 PDT 2006

DJMLers:

For a classical-style take on Joplin rags with horns, check out anything
by the New England Conservatory Ragtime Ensemble, led by world-renowned
ragtime expert Gunther Schuller, or the group formed by the alumni of that
group. Their first (and best, IMHO) was "The Red Back Book." I think it
was released in the mid-'70s.

--Dick Miller