[Dixielandjazz] Horn Parts on Rags

Scott Anthony santh at pacbell.net
Fri Jul 21 15:18:22 PDT 2006

Turk Murphy "The Many Faces Of Ragtime" LP reissued by the San Francisco
Traditional Jazz Foundation with the name "Euphonic Sounds" has all kinds of
rags done by the full band, including Maple Leaf Rag (I think). I personally
think this LP was one of Turk's best. The band is tight and it really rocks.
See www.sftradjazz.org for info.

Scott Anthony
Golden Gate Rhythm Machine
Golden Gate Rhythm Machines Custom Guitars
Managing Editor, San Francisco Traditional Jazz Foundation "Cricket"
LaserUp! Software
889 De Haro Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
415-260-6116