[Dixielandjazz] Solano County Fair

Richard Broadie rbroadie at dc.rr.com
Sat Jul 15 15:33:30 PDT 2006

Got to play clarinet with Resurrection marching band in Los Angeles where
90% of members were originally from New Orleans. Probably were 30 to 40
members.  It was organized and lead by Gordon Mitchell who hosted the
Southern California Hot Jazz Society before I joined it circa 1960.  The
most exciting performance I ever played with this band was going to LAX
airport to welcome Louis Armstrong prior to celebrating his birthday at the
Shrine Auditorium on July 3, 1970.  And the way those guys played rhythm on
those drums, you KNEW they were from New Orleans.

Hope you don't mind my popping in on the list now and then.  Wish I had time
to visit you folks more often.

Dick Broadie