[Dixielandjazz] Washboard Ramblings

billsharp sharp-b at clearwire.net
Tue Jul 11 09:52:54 PDT 2006

Bill (absolutely no opinion whatsoever) Gunter:     It worked!   I was
hoping that I could trap you into responding to the nonsense posted on
the DJML website, and got you, hook line and leaded washboard.  . . . .
Only because I look forward to the witticism with which you answer, and
I was laughing so hard that I woke my wife and caused the cats to
scurry to far corners of the house!  You must remember that what you
call "reverence and awe" has another side.  You see, you always exit
the stage to the rear, and should you ever go out front, you would find
that many of the silent ones have actually passed on during the
concert, and are being removed on gurneys, their last wish ( as shown
by their "reverence" because they are actually praying) being "God,
please send me to Hell.  A far better place 'twould be, rather than a
sitting at a Wahboard-O-rama." And by the way, o ye of fertile mind,
where does the "O-rama" come from?  I'd rather you clarify it then to
give my take on the phrase - - - -