[Dixielandjazz] Glen Miller's death

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Tue Jul 11 09:58:52 PDT 2006

I only wonder if anyone
  has ever heard of another credible story of Glenn Miller's
  death

Marty
Your friend may be referring to a history channel program (History's Mysteries most likely) that aired some time ago and truthfully I don't remember the story accurately but I believe they ascribed one scenario of his death to a possible friendly fire incident.  History abounds with conspiracy and alternate histories of events.  If that did happen you could hardly expect the pilot or who ever did it to paint a trombone on his plane.  Now if he had been a Soprano Sax or Banjo player?????

Speaking of revisionist history, the more interesting questions are:  Would Glenn Miller have made the transition into Rock and Roll or faded into the has been oblivion of so many other music stars?  Did his death lock in the Swing Era like nothing else could?  If he had lived would the swing and big band era have died when they did?
Larry
St. Louis