[Dixielandjazz] Musicians Friend, Giardineli, Washington Music

patcooke77 at yahoo.com patcooke77 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 7 02:00:01 PDT 2006

Giardinelli (orchestral instruments) was bought by Musicians Friend (guitars, etc)....Guitar Center owns Musicians Friend.....prices at Guitar Center may not be the same as Musicians Friend.  Sam Ash (samash.com) is another good place to try.  Sam Ash may be slightly cheaper than MF.  After you decide what you want to buy and get a price from all the others, call Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center (chucklevins.com) 301-946-8808.....and give them the name and model number of what you want.  I like to call rather that use the website.........The phone will be answered by a PERSON!...and they will direct you to a knowledgeable person.
      On an item that others price between $1,000 and $1,500 Washington Music will be $200 to $300 cheaper than anyone else, and they will probably have it in stock; whereas others will have to backorder anything over $1,000.  I have bought two instruments from them in the last year, and that has been the case.

Pat Cooke