[Dixielandjazz] Two upcoming Eli Newberger gigs in Boston area

Laurence Swain l.swain at comcast.net
Wed Jul 5 19:45:46 PDT 2006

Friend Eli (voted #1 tuba player in the Mississippi Rag 25th anniversary poll), with a
cadre of talented others, will be delivering diverse material (all OKOM) at two gigs, two
days apart, very soon, in the Boston area.

    Tuesday, 7/18:  Lecture-demonstration on tuba technique and jazz improvising,
    followed by duo concert with our friend Jimmy Mazzy (voted #1 banjo player, and
    #2 male vocalist, in the same poll), banjo and vocals. Salem State College,
    Salem, MA. 8:00 - 10:00 PM http://www.netew.com/

and, from http://home.comcast.net/~newenglandtradjazz/july.htm:

	Thursday, 7/20:  Eli Newberger, tuba, Bob Winter, piano, Mary Ann Lanier,
		vocals, Ted Casher, reeds;  early evening  concert at the Salem
Athenaeum 		7:30 PM http://www.salemathenaeum.net

I encourage you to attend.  Always a lot of fun. You won't be disappointed!

Larry Swain