[Dixielandjazz] RE: 4th July (Independence Day) Gigs And Kids

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Thu Jul 6 09:11:11 PDT 2006

Jim Burke and the Dixie All Stars played the parade in Arnold's Mills,
Cumberland RI again this year.  Although I didn't see a picture of us in the
Attleboro paper, they did use a picture of the band from last year as part
of an article on what was going on for the fourth.  We set up on a flat bed,
and to run the amps and piano, have a small Honda generator (quietest
generator I've seen so far) which we put in the tongue area of the flat bed.
It was a hot day but lots of fun.  It looked like the biggest crowd in our
recent memory too.  Maybe with the price of gas what it is these days, more
people stayed local and saw this parade instead of the biggie in Bristol,
RI.

Ron L