[Dixielandjazz] RE: 4th July (Independence Day) Gigs And Kids

Martin Nichols marnichols at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 6 03:19:44 PDT 2006

I played my usual Independence Day gig in Riverview Park,
  Sebastian Florida. We are a 5 pce. group, and we walk around
  to various points in the park, play a while at each, and move on
  to another point. The kids, specially very young ones, love it!

  A young lady photo journalist from a Vero Beach paper was so
  interested in us, she spent at least an hour taking photos, including
  some where she came up very, very close. Some she took while
  sitting on the pavement just in front of us. I guess she wanted to
  get a unique perspective (?).  My 9 year old granddaughter came up
  from behind me to put her arms around me while I sat in my
  portable chair, and the photographer got the picture, and wrote up
  with names etc. So we got some publicity this time. Beautiful day,
  and a special "treat" was watching the space shuttle liftoff over the
  Indian River.
  Marty Nichols
  Trombone: http://myspace.com/freemarty