[Dixielandjazz] Light weight sound gear!

John McClernan mcclernan1 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 5 22:12:40 PDT 2006

Hi Randy,
We use one of the Fender Passport portable sound systems and it works
great for the vocals, the banjo, the piano and the horns. We use a
separate Peavy mini bass amp for the tuba, so as to prolong the life
of the Fender speakers. The speakers themselves are quite light in
weight, so we are able to use lightweight speaker stands with them.
Here's a link:

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0692001003

Shop around and you will find better than MSRP on these. Ours
included a decent Fender omni-directional mic.
Cheers,
John