[Dixielandjazz] Light weight sound gear!

Randy Fendrick jfendrick at bak.rr.com
Wed Jul 5 16:19:09 PDT 2006

For years I have been using a Pevy sound system for my 7 piece band.
It has worked well but, as I get older this system is getting heavier
to set up.  I am not really interested in hiring a roady to handle the
sound gear as this really takes from the musicians pockets, but am
looking for a lighter, more efficient system.  I have seen and heard
the Bose system with our band, and like the results.  It is much
lighter and, after one gets through the learning curve, I think I would
like it, but the cost is a little dear, $2000.00 per tower and for
proper results would probably need two towers. Does anyone have any
ideas?  How have others solved this problem?  I might add, that
recently, one of the California jazz clubs that we play for asked that
we bring a sound system when we return to play for their group.  I
almost balked on returning, but see it as a problem that others will
need to face.
later.
rf
Randy Fendrick,