[Dixielandjazz] Soprano (Ukulele) banjo movie star? Finalanswer(I think)

Robert Smith robert.smith at mitransport.no
Mon Jan 30 10:50:44 PST 2006

Thanks, Pat. Your explanation agrees with mine - I remember the banjolele
from his films. I think the confusion arises from the fact that George
Formby always called it his little ukulele, but I don't think he was always
referring to his musical instrument. I have a recording of him singing "With
My Little Ukulele In My Hand". The nearest he ever came to OKOM was his
parody of jazz :"John Willie's Jazz Band". As I remember it he had three hit
records, viz.: "When I'm Cleaning Windows", "My Grandfather's Clock", and
"I'm Leaning On A Lamppost".

Cheers

Bob Smith