[Dixielandjazz] Soprano (Ukulele) banjo movie star? Final answer(I think)

pat ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 30 07:11:54 PST 2006

He (Formby) specifically played  the Soprano Banjo more than the Ukulele, >>

This is getting complicated. What is a soprano Banjo?  Formby was always
described as playing the ukelele but in fact he played a banjolele.
A I understand it the uke has 4 strings is usually wooden and is shaped like
a small guitar as played by girls in grass skirts. A banjolele has four
strings but is banjo shaped with a skin head and a short neck .

Pat