[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 37, Issue 53

Bcf111 at aol.com Bcf111 at aol.com
Fri Jan 27 18:00:35 PST 2006

In a message dated 1/27/2006 5:40:52 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,Stephen
Heist writes:

I'd love  to start a thread - just for grins - What are the songs YOU  hate???

I hate "The Codfish Ball".  Childish, repetitive,  a big nothing..  Worse,
one of my favorite girl singers, Linda Travis of  the Island City Jazz Band,
loved the thing, and sang it just about every set at  Friday Harbor, causing me
severe pain.

"The Storybook Ball" is just about as bad.  The  great Uptown Lowdown from
Seattle does it often, I wish they  wouldn't.

Ben Fowlkes, old fogy in  Sacramento