[Dixielandjazz] What I called "European Chord Symbols"

d. sleeman d.sleeman at hccnet.nl
Fri Jan 27 15:03:56 PST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig I. Johnson" <civanj at adelphia.net>
To: "David Littlefield" <dwlit at cpcug.org>; <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 5:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] What I called "European Chord Symbols"

Craig wrote:

> My current concern's are only. 1) How to interpret some of
> the unique aspects of Baudoin's notation and
> 2) writing or finding a program to convert a lead sheet into
> a chord chart instead of reentering it in a different form.

Band-in-a-Box can do that! When I need a lead sheet to introduce a certain song that I want to play on a gig, I always use BIAB. You can enter the melody, the chords and the lyrics very easy. Then you can print out everything, or just the melody, or the chords, even the lyrics can be printed out seperately.

Dick S.