[Dixielandjazz] What I called "European Chord Symbols"

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Fri Jan 27 04:00:38 PST 2006

Dick Sleeman wrote :

"The discussion about 'Finale' versus 'Sibelius' is an endless one. I have
them both (and 'Noteworthy', 'Magix Notation' and 'Harmony' - there will be
others out there), but I always use 'Encore', because it does everything
that all the others do, and more and easier."

I totally agree with you Dick. I've tried all the big name notation programs
but have ditched them all in favour of Encore which I find to be the most
user-friendly, fast and intuitive. There is very little that I need in the
way of scoring which Encore cannot do, one major problem (for me) with it
which I have yet to crack is how to write a chord containing notes on both
the treble and bass clefs. No doubt some listmate will know how to do it .
.   .   .

John Farrell