[Dixielandjazz] Farewell blues ripoff/variation

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Thu Jan 12 08:12:14 PST 2006

I got the JSP "Hotter in Hawaii" 4-CD set and on CD "C" is a rip-off and
variation of "Farewell blues", entitled "Clownin' the frets". As I noted in
"Dixieland Fake Book Vol. 2" there's no standard version of "Farewell...",
so I'm not concerned about the routine. but the variation in bar 12 might
be interesting to play.

Actually, that bar is also in strain C of "Weary blues". I can't supply the
Hawaiian track at this time, so don't ask.

--Sheik