[Dixielandjazz] Elliot Kenin was everywhere! (was Spirit of 29 Dixieland Band )

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Wed Jan 11 16:14:12 PST 2006

I was pulling records for my show and found ANOTHER early recording
featuring Elliott Kenin - "The Great Metropolitan Steam Band" Decca
DL 75143, recorded in 1969. Looks like a quartet but there was very
little info on the record. I did a web search and found this: Mark
"Rocky" Rockwood on mandolin & other strings was also part of the
group at some point.   Interesting string band/jug band sound with 2
banjo/guitars, female vocalist and small helicon - OKOM with blues
and jazz...

Anybody have more info?

Dave Richoux