[Dixielandjazz] Re: Spirit of 29 Dixieland Band was Looking for a Trombone Player who can Read

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Fri Jan 6 23:56:28 PST 2006

I see Elliot every once in a while and sometimes send him gig
situations that I can't or won't do because of the size of my band
being too big for the gig and I think a Trad. Dixieland band would fill
the bill better.  I sometimes borrow his Bass Sqax man who doubles on
Tuba for Funeral gigs and short parades.   (Mike  Harryman )  who has a
traditional open house jam session at his home on new years day, Bob
Milke usually is there along with ELLIOTT and Jim Gammon on Trumpet,
and a few other interesting characters and assorted players.

I didn't know you guys were old friends. I don't think he is on the
list, he has a  slicked up 1929 flatbed truck that he uses for a stage
in some local street festival events and fair bookings.

Cheers,

Tom