[Dixielandjazz] Spirit of 29 Dixieland Band was Looking for a Trombone Player who can Read

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Fri Jan 6 23:23:25 PST 2006

I have a 1976 recording of the "San Francisco Medicine Ball" band
(Slow Boat to China) that Elliot was in  and it is pretty good OKOM
(just a bit "hippie" ;-)

I just did a web search and it seems like they are still in the
game!  http://medicineballband.com/  and some of them went on to
become the "John Hunt Jazz Band" http://www.afm6.org/JohnHunt.htm

By the way - there are probably more than a dozen  "East Bay" OKOM
bands working on a somewhat regular basis...

Dave Richoux