[Dixielandjazz] On Parade]

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Jan 2 09:16:11 PST 2006

I' with you Tom , just get out and do it.

Yes we have a lot of fun doing the Marching/Strolling band gig and the
people do love it everywhere we take it.

Notice however that I tour as a Fair Weather Band whenever possible to
avoid those lips freezing on mouthpieces in winter parades, and
thankfully the Winter  Funerals gigs are  usually short :))   we try to
go indoors in the winter or simply wait for the Spring Thaw before
venturing outside again. :))

Living in N. California we get a lot of nice Sunshine most of the year,
although one would not think so if you were here right now, I think it
is 10 out of thirteen days of rain and maybe even more.  Soggy muddy
mess right now, and I have been offline for two days due to power
outage.   Nothing like camping in the city cooking on the Bar B Que,
an all electric house is not COOL at all in times like this.   HOw and
why did we ever get so dependent upon electricity, WHY???  Now I know
why I run an Acoustic Band, :))

Happy New Year one and all, and all the gigs you can CREATE.

Tom Wiggins

Riding or walking, playing "movable" Dixieland is sure a lot of fun.
From
Tom Wiggins' marching extravaganzas to Steve Barbone's strolling
Atlantic
City group to our parade in the cold air of Montclair on NYE, people
really
enjoy that presentation and that's what it's all about to me.

Here's to all of us for the New Year . . . Play enjoyable jazz or enjoy
listenable jazz . . . Just get out and do it!!

Regards,

Tom Duncan
201-836-6076
www.doctordubious.com