[Dixielandjazz] Microphones

Stephen Heist steveheist at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 27 13:58:23 PST 2006

Everyone is going to give you their "favorite" but you really can't go
wrong with an SM-58 (They also make a better mike called the SM-58 BETA,
which is around $160 - better for feedback handling)  The great thing about
the SM-58 is that it will virtually last forever, even being dropped, etc.
My last one has been my mike for 10 years or so...  Just one word of
caution:  When you check to see if a mike is on never, never blow into it!!
Worst thing you could do - either tap it lightly, or what I do is make a
clicking sound by drawing my breath INWARD, and clicking my tongue...
All the Best,
Steve Heist

You can NOW visit my NEW website and check my schedule at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~steveheist/
Drop on by today!