[Dixielandjazz] Microphones

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Feb 27 23:21:49 PST 2006

Hi rob:

They are pretty much the standard of the industry for workhorses and
all around mics.  that is usually what you get when they are supplied
by a sound company unless you request something specific and they
happen to have it.

Personally I think that a horn player who needs a microphone in any gig
other than a  very large venue  (say 500 seats or more)
  is a WIMP of a player unless he is playing with an amplified Rock
band.   All those Big bands that played all those Hotel Ballrooms with
capacity of 500 to 1,500 people never used them.

Cheers,

Tom Play it loud  and make em dance Wiggins