[Dixielandjazz] sleep deprived

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Tue Feb 21 15:22:54 PST 2006

I am too.  That could be the reason she never married me.  Needless to say
it's never happened since or else I would be dead.  I still think about it
every so often though.  One time I was on tour with the AF band and I was
riding to Wisconsin with one of the guys and I was driving while the other
guy slept.  He suddenly came awake, screamed and grabbed the wheel from me
and we almost bought it then.  The guy was a weight lifter and a whole lot
stronger than I.  fortunately he pulled the wheel to the right.  We were
very lucky that it was the middle of the night and nothing was coming the
other way or some friendly bridge abutment wasn't handy.  I rode with
someone else after that.
Larry