[Dixielandjazz] sleep deprived

Cebuisle2 at aol.com Cebuisle2 at aol.com
Mon Feb 20 17:49:30 PST 2006

I went through a lot of piano teachers as a kid. One of the several I still
remember was a German fellow who played nights in a cafe on Long Island. He
taught kids like me piano
days. He would almost always doze off as I painfully wound my way through
the assigned lesson. As soon as I hit a wrong note he was instantly awake.
"Dumkopf!! Vat you do, eh?!!
Vey you play lik dat, eh?!!

Nearly scared me out of piano as my first calling. My folks switched
teachers again-

             ted