[Dixielandjazz] Sleep deprivation

BillSargentDrums at aol.com BillSargentDrums at aol.com
Mon Feb 20 10:17:35 PST 2006

In a message dated 2/20/2006 11:58:05 A.M. Central Standard Time,
kwg28 at sbcglobal.net writes:

I  recently observed a situation with a very exhausted musician on the verge
of  falling
asleep during a late night performance.  Wondering if the long  experienced
musicians
on this list have any interesting stories to tell  about players falling
asleep while taking
a solo during a  performance.

Ken Gates

I used to have a guy on piano, in a piano trio, who used to fall asleep
while playing solos. This was a guy I hired our of DC and we were on the  road.

He filed grievance with the AFM when I fired him.

What a character!

Bill
414-777-0100
cell 414-405-6955