[Dixielandjazz] Sleep deprivation

Jon Stutler jon at razzmajazz.com
Mon Feb 20 10:08:00 PST 2006

I remember a story told about Bix.  The fellow next to him in the trumpet section on one of the bands supposedly had a note in his music about 8 bars ahead of Bix's solo that said, "Wake up Bix!"  I'm not sure of the authenticity of the account, nor if the note appeared before every Bix solo.

Jon Stutler, M.Ed.
817-233-4149
Fax 817-560-0708
www.razzmajazz.com