[Dixielandjazz] Blame the Music Teachers?

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 8 16:24:43 PST 2006

Here are some examples of how some kids network for gigs these days,
courtesy of Tom Wiggins research. Fine examples of what private music
teachers accomplish. While we bitch about teachers, these kids are already
taught and seeking gigs . . . Before getting to High School.

Nothing works better than being pro-active. Maybe some of the Bay Area bands
could promote the 6 year old, if of course, you've got "pro gear and a pro
attitude". Nothing like having a Baby Traps in your band. :-) VBG

The other two sound pretty good too. Ideal for OKOM? Certainly ideal as a
sit ins with an old fart bands because like Jonathan, they excite the crowd.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

6 year old drummer to play  Date: 2006-02-08, 12:56PM PST
Reply to: comm-132279852 at craigslist.org

I've been taking professional drum lessons since I was 2, I'm looking for
people with pro gear/pro attitude between 7-20 years old. in or around
Millbrae

10 year old drummer to play Date: 2006-02-08, 9:13AM PST
Reply to: comm-132229950 at craigslist.org

I'm a drum instructor with a terrific student who wants to play with other
musicians around his age (guitar, bass, keys, horns). The kid can really
play. He's been at it since he was four. He lives in SF and has the space to
make noise. Give me an email and let's see what works. Mick

13 yr. old drummer seeks to play (Novato) Date: 2006-02-08, 9:12AM PST
Reply to: comm-132230710 at craigslist.org

I'm a drum instructor with a student who is exceptional. He wants to meet
other musicians to form a band and/or do some jamming. He lives in Novato.
The guy really knows what he's doing, but the other musicians need not be up
to his level. Send me an email and let's see what connects. Mick