[Dixielandjazz] THE ANIMAL SCHOOL -- A FABLE

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Feb 6 11:30:36 PST 2006

Pretty much explains a lot of it RICHARD,

AND ALL GOD'S CHILLUN CAN'T SING OR DANCE EITHER no matter what color
they are, or who tells them that they can, recent viewings of American
Idol wannabes proved that very well.  :))   No amount of teaching many
of those kids is gong to result in anything more than trying to teach a
pig to sing.   "Frustration for the teacher and annoyance of the pig"

Sooner or later SOMEBODY has to  JUST SAY NO and politely teach them
that some folks are really very respected Burger Flippers and that that
might be a better financially rewarding future for them than music.

we have all manner of tests in our education systems, why the heck are
they not using them to test kids for "APPTITUDE" and then steering them
into subjects and training that might actually be useful for them on
the journey of life, like reading writing and Arithmetic, and once they
have learned that well they can try other subjects and elective classes
provided they show real aptitude in those areas.    We could then start
to once again see some realistic Quality Control and positive
productivity from our kids and grandkids.     Ever seen a Musician try
to be a welder, ain't a pretty site,  or a piano player try to change
flat tires or maybe a drummer try to wire a circuit board in a
computer. :))

Just how many teachers does it take to teach a kid how to do anything
??    The first line of teachers should be able to teach them how to
learn first and foremost and be able to communicate to the kids the
desire to want to learn, if we remove that inthe early stages then the
problem just multiplies as they get older and older and street wiser,
not to mention that we have several generations of them now that got
their education on Television  and we all know how close to reality
that is.  :))

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins