[Dixielandjazz] Central Illinois Jazz Festival

william crist mensa-1 at webtv.net
Sun Feb 5 15:18:39 PST 2006

The Juvae Jazz Society's CIJF has just wound down today and as usual was
a big success.  The biggest crowd we ever had and people from 13 states
attending..
Got great reviews for Sister Swing one of the new bands we brought in
this year.
Met listmates Bonnie Otto and the World's Most Modest Man (Bob Williams)
who were with Sister Swing. They put on a very entertaining show.
Patrons seemed to really like them
Titan Hot Seven , Cornet Chop Suey , Barbary Coast with Marilyn Kellar ,
Jean Kittrell and the St Louis Rivermen  , Saunders/Hirsch All Stars
and Connie Jones and the Crescent City Band were  great as usual.
Chuck Hedges and Bill Allred looked good and played great.
Sentimental Journey big band from St Louis played for the swing dance
and got good reviews
Julie McClarey and Paul Asaro (Ragtime Piano players) , Jeff & Anne
Barnhart ,You Can't Beat Experience Jazz Band , Dixie Daredevils,
Rachael Lee's Jazz Express and special guest drummer Eddie Graham from
Port Richey, Fl. rounded out the rest of the entertainment .

All in all a very entertaining and successful weekend

Bill Crist