[Dixielandjazz] Advance notice on another festival

Lowell Busching verbose at daktel.com
Sun Feb 5 14:06:09 PST 2006

Many of the DJML members can speak of festivals from experience as
musicians or producers of the music, but I think most of us have to
attend the festivals themselves to experience the music, as mentioned in
a recent quote on the DJML.  Although the annual Elkhart Jazz Festival,
on June 23-25th of 2006 in Indiana, is not primarily a traditional jazz
festival, this list seems to cover swing quite well.

Despite the original intentions of the originator of the list, who felt
there was a lack of a strictly "Dixieland" mailing list, it soon became
a form for all kinds of OKOM. Therefore, I hope you all will accept the
listing, as of January, of the musicians who currently plan to play at
the Elkhart Festival this year. I am strictly a long time customer and
supporter of this festival.  I am sure they would appreciate your
support also ASAP.

Elkhart Jazz Festival

Piano:
Mark Shane, Johnny Varro, Eddie Higgins, Ed Metz Sr., John Sheridan and
Shelly Berg.

Bass:
Frank Tate, Murray Wall, Jay Leonhart, John Bany, Lou Fisher and
Joel Forbes

Guitar:
Marty Gross, Bucky Pizzarelli, Howard Alden, Eddie Erikson,
Rebecca Kilgore, James Chrillo, and Frank Vignola.

Reeds:
Chuck Hedges, Ken Peplowski, Kenny Davern, Allan Vache and Dave Bennett.

Brass:
Ed Polcer, Randy Reinhart, John Allred, Bob Havens, Tom Saunders, Duke
Heitger, Dan Barrett, and Jiggs Whingham.

Drums:
Ed Shaugnessy, Jake Hanna, Joe Ascione, Charlie Braugham, Ed Metz Jr.,
Steve Houghton, Jeff Hamilton and Les DeMere

Groups:

BED, The Frank & Joe Show, Shelly Berg Trio, The Jeff Hamilton Trio,
Bill Allred's Classic Jazz Band, The Bob Crosby Bob Cats,
Wally's Warehouse Waifs, and the New Reformation Band

Any new additions will be posted on their web site of:

www.elkhartjazzfestival.com

Or call:

800-597-7627 or 574-295-8701 (Last number is an Indiana toll call.)

No, Bob Crosby has not come back. It is Ed Metz Sr.'s authorized version
with his son Ed Metz Jr. on drums along with other excellent musicians
of Ed Sr's choice.

Lowell aka Mad Dawg