[Dixielandjazz] Re: Rock Band Giving Away Music

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Feb 4 22:22:32 PST 2006

> If I were trying to sell CDs, I certainly would not give them away.<

Dear Bob,
I followed Nancy's Arctic Monkeys' story via Google.
It seems that the 'giveaways' were only demo discs of one or two songs made
independently of the official CD release.
Given away at their packed jobs as a taste of would be heard on the
'official' CD and forthcoming concerts. The customers and audience were then
out there - eagerly waiting.
The kids were encouraged to pass the music on over the net.
A simple and brilliant idea.
The same idea as trailers for upcoming films.
Or CD label samplers.
Kind regards,
Bill.