[Dixielandjazz] Music Teachers

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sat Feb 4 21:16:32 PST 2006

Just thought these posts from another list in San Francisco might be
interesting to some on the DJML.

We have hinted at the same problem a time or two on the DJML :))

Cheers,

Tom "Slow Learner" Wiggins

Enjoy:

Subject: Teachers

       Music Teachers with No Gigs and No Band - Hypocrisy?

    ORIGINAL MSG: Um...there are teachers advertising their services on
here, saying things like "Take lessons with me, and get the gig!" Yet,
I know for a fact, that some of these teachers have no band, and have
no gigs. In fact, some of these teachers are trying to get the same
gigs I am, or auditioning for the same bands I am.

   Does that make them hypocrites? On one hand to say that taking
lessons with them will help me get the gig, and yet...they have no
steady stream of good gigs of their own?

  Good Christ, the music scene here sucks.