[Dixielandjazz] Rob Bamberger's Jan 28th Broadcast WAMU.ORG

Artwoo at aol.com Artwoo at aol.com
Sat Feb 4 09:58:30 PST 2006

Hi: Rob's most recent show _http://wamu.org/programs/hjsn/index.php_
(http://wamu.org/programs/hjsn/index.php)  is  available on the web until later today
when his latest Saturday Hot Jazz show is  broadcast live at 7 PM Eastern.

I really enjoy stride piano and the small group swing style of the mid  40's;
Rob devoted about an hour of his show to this style with the various  groups
recorded on the Black and White label such as Art Hodes, Barney Bigard  and
Rod Cless's last recording.

Occasionally members of this list bring up the subject of online OKOM;  I
would certainly include Rob's show along with Okom.com, webofjazz.net and
Riverwalk.org.

These online shows give background info about the music, I also like  the
playback feature of these shows.

I wish Ray Smith's and Dave Richoux's programs had an archive feature also.
(Maybe they do and I have missed this feature).

Respectfully submitted,
Art Wood