[Dixielandjazz] Hmmmmm...

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 3 14:08:48 PST 2006

Hi Bill...I'm just curious to know how you think this quote from your previous email is about OKOM, that's all!
Bob Romans
Hollywood is so out of touch with the real America, and they wonder why
movies grosses are down . . . and TV ratings are in the toilet. Take the TV
program "Book Of Daniel" just as an example. I don't know about Spain, but in  this
country, a VAST majority 75-85% of Americans believe in God. So this
particular network, thought it would find an audience for a show that portrayed
Jesus in a totally non-biblical way with a Priest that had just about as
dysfunctional family and life as possible. The show lasted 3 episode and they
canceled.

Did they learn from their error? How's this for an encore: They took a show
that is one big gay joke from top to bottom, and to gain big ratings in this
God  believing country, decided to cast, in the role of a conservative
Christian, none other than Brittany Spears as the host of a cooking show called
"Cruci-fixin's" . . . all in the attempt to mock what 85% of this country
believes, If 85% of the potential audience doesn't find the humor or point in  that .
. . why do they put it up there to gain in the ratings? Are they really  that
stupid?

How about "Broke Back Mountain"? Taking a movie that the VAST majority of
America has no desire to see whatsoever, and going WAY out of your way to
promote it as the greatest movie ever in all the awards and kudos rags  imaginable
. . . all with the real intent of imposing values and social change  to fit a
minority.