[Dixielandjazz] Hmmmmm...

BillSargentDrums at aol.com BillSargentDrums at aol.com
Fri Feb 3 11:45:27 PST 2006

In a message dated 2/3/2006 1:08:46 P.M. Central Standard Time,
cellblk7 at comcast.net writes:

And all  of this discussion about current movies/TV shows has to do what with

OKOM???

Everything.

Maybe you missed . . . or didn't read the parts about talented performers
and quality music . . . or jazz fests . . . or all the lazy, selfish blue
haired audiences (and musicians).

And I wasn't talking about the blue-hairs that attend symphonies or polka
dances.

Don't you guys dare come to me about being off-topic.

Just because I said some things that you don't agree with . . . or maybe I
stepped on somebody's toes does not mean that I don't have the right to express
 myself.

Just because this is Amercia does NOT mean that you do have the right not  to
be offended.

ONE reason why American music sucks so badly today AND we have not the jazz
(read OKOM too) audiences or performers we COULD have is because too many
people  keep their mouths shut about plain ol' crap . . . all in the attempt to be
 politically correct and not offend anybody.

Well, I've had enough of the garbage they are feeding us these days . .
.they don't seem to be too worried about offending me . . . so I just don't  plain
care anymore.

And that for ALL YOU GUYS that keep wondering and complaining about
audiences dying, talent levels dropping, music disappearing . . . all while  being too
lazy, too selfish, too nice, and easy-going, and politically correct  to do
anything about it.

Then, to top it off, you get on a guy's butt when he identifies and ROOT of
the problems, points out ways of fixing it . . . and pull out the "off-topic
card".

I read enough of you guy's tripe on this list over the years that had
nothings whatsoever to do with even music, let alone OKOM.

Steve's doing something about it. I'm doing something about it. Have you
enough guts . . . or intelligence, to figure out a way to do something about it
. . . a way that actually works instead of just giving you that ol' liberal
"doing something about it" feeling without actually affecting anything
positively?

And I'm not talking about coming up with a "student rate" for tickets or
membership. That's one of those feel good things that helps a little, but
doesn't actually get the kids there.
(Yes, I know somebody's gonna stick up for that one, missing my point  again.
Before you do, know this: I believe there should be student rates.)

How about it you guys, what are you doing? Put it up, post it. Quit
discussing is and just do something to get the job done. And you don't need  anymore
panel discussions. The answers are simple and uncomplicated.

Common sense is soooo uncommon these days. You lead by setting the example
and doing. Action, not words, studying or discussing.

And it all begins with YOU. Remember, 12 people changed the world. This
country was founded by a handful.

And quit trying to shut someone like me up with a distraction about "being
off-topic".

I was right about Hollywood and the media.

Bill
414-777-0100
BillSargent.com